Author   Comment  
Artist.Digital

Reply with quote  #1 
software.jpg 

I'm using a lot of software for digital art these days. After all these years, I still never get through a project without using TB for something. Sometimes it's my image editor. TB has great perspective tools, and a lot of great texture effects. Sometimes it's my painter. TB has some wild brushes ! Sometimes I just prefer it because I'm so comfortable with the layout and the menus. It's always in there somewhere, and it's still my secret weapon for making the work really unique. Where some programs are painters with a few editing tools, and some programs are editors with a few painting tools, TB is true hybrid of both. I've never met a serious guitarist who owns just one guitar, and I feel the same way about my digital art software.  What is everyone else here using, and how does TB fit into your projects ?

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Nice collection of program you have there. Thanks for joining the forum!
Ken
Robyn

Reply with quote  #3 
For my simple pictures I use only TB Jamison. It's totally the best for me and the way my mind grasps things and I find it easy to use. Maybe I'm not a serious "gutarist" yet, but I have tried other programs over the years just to see if they were also easy for me to use, and they weren't. ðŸ˜Œ Robyn
Artist.Digital

Reply with quote  #4 
Really more a matter of style and approach than anything else. A lot of very successful artists use nothing but Photoshop. 

Reply with quote  #5 
Oh I wasn't putting any other program down Jamison. Simply that I personally found them too complicated for me.  I've seen the artwork put out by members of all the various art programs and they are amazing. 
convinced

Reply with quote  #6 
I have quite an arsenal of programs also. Personally I find the big commercial programs a nightmare to navigate and to use.
Photoshop and Corel Painter are I believe very over-rated as I can produce as much if not better results from some of the 'classics' of open source, ie, Gimp, Krita, Inkscape and MyPaint. These are excellent programs and to say that they lack quality and stability is a myth, possibly propagated by Photoshop uses....lol
I also use Dogwaffle (Howler), infrequently now as it is becoming 'nightmarish' in scope but good nevertheless.
TwistedBrush literally 'leaped out' at me when I first discovered it, (2008) and I will continue to support it.
Amazing images are possible in any program. Just play with them and don't let the technicalities intimidate you.
VivienneT

Reply with quote  #7 
I have used many different art programmes but to me TB is the very best anyone can have especially when you are late into your twilight years. I agree re the guitars, my husband has a couple and my son has about 20 - but then he does play in a band. As for me a have 1 piano and 1 violin but am looking to by an electric violin.Happy painting whatever programme you use.
Vivienne
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.