Author   Comment  
stickynoteme

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm not sure if this is an issue or intended and is more of a request.

When you use
Edit > Copy Page
Edit > Past Page

The masking and drawing guides information gets lost.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Stickynoteme,

Same as doing an export that information is not preserved since it it stored separate from the TBR file.

I will move this to the feature request category for consideration.

Thanks,
Ken
stickynoteme

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you, and thanks again for the consideration. I was trying to setup a template so I could copy/past it over to a new page rather than reset up the masking and guides for each page to save time since I needed the same layout for a bit over a dozen pages.

This go around I just manually went to the books folder and copied and renamed the .tbr and .cfg files as needed, but it would be nice to have an in app option.

Though just for my own curiosity as someone who's been spending time learning some coding. Given that .tbr is your own proprietary file format that isn't to my knowledge used by other programs why do you split the file information between two files? I'm just curious since I've never seen it done outside of when a program is using an open format and needs to add non-standard data not supported by the open format.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
I'm sure there is a good historical reason for the keeping some data separate from the TBR file. I believe it had more to do with the sketchbook paradigm and masks and guides being preserved from page to page in a sketchbook (if I recall) but that functionality was scaled back.

Perhaps in the future that data will be bundled into the TBR file.
kcarlino

Administrator
Reply with quote  #5 
We will defer this request for now, however, the request does make sense.
Ken
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.