Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
rldavis

Reply with quote  #1 
Dark Angel.png
Robyn

Reply with quote  #2 
Well he looks as though he has very dark intents Bob! Excellent body form and expression. Unusual wings too, very much like some birds with a bit of decoration. What colour is that on his skin do you think. A pale grape?  I like the duskiness of many of your pictures. Very well done in its entirety. [smile] Rob
rldavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Rob. I guess I conveyed my idea. This started with designing wings for no particular reason. Then this started developing. I remember when I used traditional media, I wanted to have all the colors in whatever media was my fascination at the time. I knew all the traditional color names - Cadmium whatever and Burnt or Raw this and that. Now I have ALL the brushes and colors.[thumb] The brushes have names but the colors just have numbers. The Angel was done mostly in R:92 G:70 B:124. On the palette it does look like a good ripe purple grape.[wink] You notice that I used outlines again and some of your unusual skin tones.[smile]

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
good work Bob
rldavis

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Don.

bd

Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
Thanks Rob. I guess I conveyed my idea. This started with designing wings for no particular reason. Then this started developing. I remember when I used traditional media, I wanted to have all the colors in whatever media was my fascination at the time. I knew all the traditional color names - Cadmium whatever and Burnt or Raw this and that. Now I have ALL the brushes and colors.[thumb] The brushes have names but the colors just have numbers. The Angel was done mostly in R:92 G:70 B:124. On the palette it does look like a good ripe purple grape.[wink] You notice that I used outlines again and some of your unusual skin tones.[smile]

bd

So I was sort of right for once  haha...  yes Bob I did notice the outlines and the unusual colour.  lol  Nothing wrong with either of them you know.  Well numbers for colours doesn't tell us if it's a blue or red etc does it, or does it have a little smear of the actual colour beside the numbers?  It would have to. [smile] Rob

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #7 
Poor angel Bob. Looks as though his halo has fallen. lol  Love the colours you have used and those wings are so beautifully done. I also love the expression on his face, very quizzical indeed as though to say "me?"
Vivienne
rldavis

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks Vivienne. I wasn't sure that the halo would work. Glad you like it.

bd

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.