Author   Comment  
shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #1 
RitaCoolCatRLS218j.jpg

The name refers to his cool attitude. He may or may not be a house cat. Ha ha.

Eighty-five percent of this image is composed of string elements . . . including the flying insects and bow tie (minus the button).  The eyelashes and mustache were painted with three layers of red Fox Fur (one eyelash was horizontally flipped). The nose was hand-drawn, plasma-filtered, and dotted with the stippling pen. The nares were made with Pro Pen Gel and Hard Edge Round Eraser.

Taking a hodge-podge of string elements and assembling them into this result took determination and a laughing spirit. He was soooooo much fun to create!

Robyn

Reply with quote  #2 
... and so much fun to view Rita!  He's gorgeous in his cool hat and cool catness and so are your brilliant little string insects, love them. It sort of looks like a scene in his face, stream, buildings, shrubs, grass, a nice place for a picnic?     lol [smile] Rob

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #3 
This is brilliant Rita.  You are definitely the master of the strings.  I LOVE your gorgeous cat with his furry eyebrows and nose also the stringed insects. Great colours too.  I don't know if you saw my comment on your last work but a BIG welcome back. You have been missed.
Vivienne
Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Rita,

Definitely a "Cool Cat" lots of character there and appropriate I should view it today as I am informed by my cat loving daughter that today is "International Cat Day" so how about that.

Cheers Isla 
Don Decker

Reply with quote  #5 
that is one cool cat Rita cool work
shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
... and so much fun to view Rita!  He's gorgeous in his cool hat and cool catness and so are your brilliant little string insects, love them. It sort of looks like a scene in his face, stream, buildings, shrubs, grass, a nice place for a picnic?     lol [smile] Rob

I'm glad you like this cool cat, Rob. He was a lot of fun to make.

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
This is brilliant Rita.  You are definitely the master of the strings.  I LOVE your gorgeous cat with his furry eyebrows and nose also the stringed insects. Great colours too.  I don't know if you saw my comment on your last work but a BIG welcome back. You have been missed.
Vivienne

Thanks so much, Vivienne. His eyebrows are supposed to be excessive eyelashes. I can see how they look more like old-man furry eyebrows, though. Ha ha.

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isla Burridge
Hi Rita,

Definitely a "Cool Cat" lots of character there and appropriate I should view it today as I am informed by my cat loving daughter that today is "International Cat Day" so how about that.

Cheers Isla 

You chose the right day to look at this cat, Isla. Funny!

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
that is one cool cat Rita cool work

Thanks, Don. I used a ton of layers, with the Move tool, to get everything lined up just-so.

rldavis

Reply with quote  #10 
It is a cool cat. I've had quite a few. Never one that color.

bd

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
It is a cool cat. I've had quite a few. Never one that color.

bd

He's a "dandy" guy, Bob.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.