Author   Comment  
VM...OUTTHERE

Reply with quote  #1 
My computer has plenty of memory but does anyone know what else is important in order for TB to run at its optimum? Does RAM make a difference? Building my computer so I want it to be really spot on for painting.
Thanks, VM
Yana V.

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Vicki,

The system requirements for TwistedBrush are:
  • Windows 7/ Windows 8 / Windows 10
  • 500MB disk space
  • 1024x768 minimum display resolution
  • 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended)

Of course, everything above will make the program run smoother. A good processor and video card will also make a difference.

Regards,
Yana
rldavis

Reply with quote  #3 
Vicki,

The biggest improvement in performance I got was putting in a Solid State Drive. That only make sense if you have a motherboard that has a slot for it. I run Win 7 because I like it better and it works well. I also got a boost when I went from 8GB RAM to 16 but 8 works fine too. I also am running 64 bit Windows. I don't know if it's faster for TB. These folks would have to answer that. I'm totally happy with TB performance on mine. You can message me if you need help.

bd

spuddy

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Vicki
as Bob said an SSD really helps so does a good GPU
I have not long had a new computer built myself for painting and rendering
specs are Windows 10
intel i5 2.8-4GHz turbo Hex-core Processor(6-Core CPU)
Corsiar 2400Mhz DDR4memory 16 GB
2TB seagate SATA3 hard Drive for storage  Plus 240GB SSD Drive for programmes
nVidia 1060 3 GB GPU.but 1050 3 GB would have been fine ...I went to 1060 as it's better for Photoshop
works like a dream
that said I had everything running ok -ish on vista 3GB ram and  nVidia 512mb GPU but  large pds files would sometimes give out of memory alerts in TB
it all comes down to how deep your pockets are but it is very  easy to over spec and spend money that you needn't have
my advice is to get SSD drive and the best GPU you are happy spending the money on 
Dave
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.