Author   Comment  
Robyn

Reply with quote  #1 
roses are red.jpg 
I found an old b/w sketch and coloured it up. I can't seem to draw anything new right now. I don't usually post anything this "messy" as in outlines and mottley looks here and there but here goes  lol  Thinking of you all.  Rob/yn 
`’•.¸*♫♪()♫♪*¸.•’´

VivienneT

Reply with quote  #2 
Nothing messy about this Robyn. I actually got a shock when I saw it as your young lass looks just like one of my sisters when she was younger. The eyes certainly have it and Gail has eyes exactly like that.  I did try sketching a face but ended up scrapping it.  You have the gift for it. Love this girl.
Vivienne[smile][love]
rldavis

Reply with quote  #3 
That's cool Rob. A peek at how you work. Thanks for sharing.

bd

Don Decker

Reply with quote  #4 
It is a nice peek and nice work Robyn
Isla Burridge

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Rob,

I really like your sketch style on this one.   Looks a little less perfect and therefore shows a little more of girls character.   Definitely not messy - looks really good and more spontaneous.
   In reply to your query - I am keeping very well indeed and really enjoying all the things I do and am involved in - I am very fortunate.   I hope you are very nearly fully recovered?   Keep smiling,

Cheers Isla 
Robyn

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienneT
Nothing messy about this Robyn. I actually got a shock when I saw it as your young lass looks just like one of my sisters when she was younger. The eyes certainly have it and Gail has eyes exactly like that.  I did try sketching a face but ended up scrapping it.  You have the gift for it. Love this girl.
Vivienne[smile][love]

Well that is amazing Vivienne!  Probably if we put the 2 pics together there would be a vast difference overall, and it  is similarities in features that make people look alike in many cases, without them being exact, although I agree that a very close likeness of many exist. We as a family have found several photos on the net that could be mistaken for some of us, and I saw a brown version of a lady of european descent and they were doubles apart from the colour of their skin. Thanks so much for loving her.   [smile] Robyn

Robyn

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldavis
That's cool Rob. A peek at how you work. Thanks for sharing.

bd

Bob, thanks a lot, sorry about the delay in answering. I used to do outlines all the time, then I changed as I told you in a post on your Vendor a little while ago. Now i use a wide brush to fill in a block of colour, shaping as I go. Then I use the wet finger blender to finish any shaping to the outline of the face. I use the "multiply blend" brush to put in shading where the eyes are to go and markings to the shape of cheeks etc. I add various colours to the skin and use the same blender to smooth out. This all on one layer. Sometimes I continue with the Multiply Blend to do the complete eyes on the same layer as the skin, and sometimes I go up a few layers and draw the eyes with various brushes. i tried to do a video once and it turned out good, but the more I played the video back the more it got doubles and other faults. I haven't tried too hard to do another. That was years ago and maybe I'll try again later.  [smile] Rob

Robyn

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Decker
It is a nice peek and nice work Robyn

Thanks very much Don. I'm glad you liked it. I'm sorry to be so tardy about acknowleging you. I've had a problem with the ol' back and it's not been allowing me to sit up too long, and then i forget to come back to it. Am I getting old?  haha  Below is a repeat of an explanation about my art, said to Bob...  [smile] Rob 

I used to do outlines all the time, now i use a wide brush to fill in a block of colour, shaping as I go. Then I use the wet finger blender to finish any shaping to the outline of the face. I use the "multiply blend" brush to put in shading where the eyes are to go and markings to the shape of cheeks etc. I add various colours to the skin and use the same blender to smooth out. This all on one layer. Sometimes I continue with the Multiply Blend to do the complete eyes on the same layer as the skin, and sometimes I go up a few layers and draw the eyes with various brushes. i tried to do a video once and it turned out good, but the more I played the video back the more it got doubles and other faults. I haven't tried too hard to do another. That was years ago and maybe I'll try again later.  [smile] 

Robyn

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isla Burridge
Hi Rob,

I really like your sketch style on this one.   Looks a little less perfect and therefore shows a little more of girls character.   Definitely not messy - looks really good and more spontaneous.
   In reply to your query - I am keeping very well indeed and really enjoying all the things I do and am involved in - I am very fortunate.   I hope you are very nearly fully recovered?   Keep smiling,

Cheers Isla 

Hi Isla and thanks so much for thinking so.  I'm very sorry for the late reply but there are things holding me up.  I enjoyed finding the old sketch and colouring her up. Had to do a few adjustments as well. 

That's good that all is good in your corner. I am just starting to feel not too bad, but it fluctuates a lot.  it depends also on whether there has been a jarring of areas, not good to have that happen.  I do keep smiling and laughter too as very good medicine.  [smile] Rob 

shutterbuggy

Reply with quote  #10 
Such fun to view, Rob!
Robyn

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbuggy
Such fun to view, Rob!
  I'm so glad you like it Rita!  Thanks! I've found heaps of old b/w sketches now that I've imported many from an old unused computer.  [smile] Rob

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.