Down The Trackp13 (428K)
  • Don Decker
    Hope all of you have a good Christmas & new year,Don
  • Vivienne
    Excellent work Don.
    Vivienne
  • shutterbuggy
    Happy New Year, Don.

The lantern generates dozens of reasons for its placement. Nice!

Rita
  • Don Decker
    Thanks,I would like to know your thinking for its placement.
  • shutterbuggy
    The lantern looks like it was carefully placed (as opposed to landing on its side), so it makes me think that someone may have placed it there for fun or that someone carefully set it down before fleeing.

Its proximity to the viewer makes it seem important. Its importance made me think the above.

Oh my!

Rita
  • Don Decker
    That is good thinking,or did someone forget it? or do they want the train to stop,it gets you thinking! dozens of reasons, for its placement,Thanks, Rita
  • Robyn
    Plus it's very close to the tracks which gets me thinking too.To me it's a sign of life, someone was once there even if this is a disused track, and even if it's a used one. O:) Robyn
  • Don Decker
    Ok Rita & Robyn, this is the reason, someone did forget it , it is a sign of life& time that was once there.now it is down the track of life
  • Robyn
    Ah,it goes deep then Don. Very good portrayal. :)
  • Stuart Hill
    Hi Don,

Ive been checking your work. Very original style. Striking images ;) I particularly like the paintings "Moonshiner" and "Seagulls". The composition of that last one in particular.

This painting has a great angle making the track appear a landscape in and of itself - a powerful statement about past journeys and the future. A film camera angle that gives the track a significance in the otherwise stark landscape.

I also like the way you have avoided putting any birds into the sky. That brings a stillness that resonates with the theme of something already passed and gone.

The sign causes a physical distance between it and the lamp to be much more apparent, and that echos the idea of the past being distant, that the future will have events that cross and cause interraction. But the viewer is closer to the past (the lamp is larger than the sign) - can't let go perhaps?

So much possibility in an apparently simple subject matter. Well painted Don :)
  • Don Decker
    Thank you Stuart for the insightful compliment
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!