• Sandra
    ltjei480oii9pdxo.jpg

I used Photoshop and TwistedBrush to create this. The moons aren't the actual size. Two cameras used. Not the actual size of the moon above the city. 5D4 for city scape, 7D2 and a helluva long lens (100-400 coupled with a 1.4x extender) for the moon photos.

1: All the moon photos, in Photoshop, moon selected and sky around it deleted. Saved as PNGs. It was easier because of having a script.

Ok, onto TwistedBrush. Imported the Perth cityscape as background layer. Created a layer, and drew a diagonal line from where the moon was in the upper left sky, to just above city on the right. Then I imported each phase of the eclipse, placing them in a layer above the diagonal line.

After all the phases of the eclipse were placed to my satisfaction, I went back to the diagonal line layer, erased the line. Then using the Basic Clone brush, removed the glow from the itty bitty moon that was used as a placement guide.

21 layers in all.
    Attachment
    SuperBlueBloodMoon Jan 31 2018 (59K)
  • Vivienne
    Brilliant Sandra. Thank you for giving us this beautiful arrangement which is so appreciated as we missed it all completely over here in the Newcastle/Nelson Bay area of NSW.
    Vivienne
  • Sandra
    You're very welcome.
  • Robyn
    My goodness that's so good to see Sandra. Nice work! You remind us all how amazing our earth and the universe are. O:) Robyn
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!