• stillgolfing
    Further to my Creeping Alzhiemers complaint I did notice that if someone clicks on an All Discussions post, the left side panel displays the actual Category in tiny Bold Print. That's hilarious! Even my 8 year old Grandson would say " Grandad.. "if they want people to look over there, I think that font needs to be florescent flashing shocking pink." I'm not voting for florescent shocking pink, but anything would be an improvement. Was this setup even beta tested?
  • Ken Carlino
    Hi Dave,

On the left right below "Start a New Discussion" there are six general options users can select to present the content how they want. If you rather be presented with Categories as the primary organization you can click the Categories option, etc. However, correct if you select All Discussions, the idea is that all discussions are presented outside of their Category boundaries and the category is less focused.

Ken
  • stillgolfing
    Ken, again my point is the "Summary" All Discussions Category displays the posts from other Categories out of context, so I am advocating an obvious notation there (of some sort) as to which Category the post came from. So when someone reads my what seems like an idiotic post they can go to the originating category where they may or may not decide that it is still idiotic, but at least they will then be reading it in the right context.
  • Ken Carlino
    There is no option to change that.

Ken
  • Spuddy
    I think the all discussions category is a very effective and good way to display what has been posted.You can see at a glance what topics are being presented without having to click every category to find out what is being added
    Each post or comment has it's own validity and it is somewhat irrelevant which category it should be in
    I think this new site is very effective and easily navigated and is a good upgrade from the original old pixarra site.
    that's my take on things anyway so thanks Ken for setting it up
    cheers Dave.
  • Robyn
    I like the fact that in the "all discussion list", the ones we haven't opened to read the latest observations, are in bold. Good one. Same in the "share artwork" list I think the category is a good place to look once there are thousands of posts, and you are looking for something in particular. That will reduce the length of the lists and should make it easier. O:) Rob
  • Robyn
    I see where you are talking about Dave. Colour would indeed make it stand out more, but now that I know it's there in bold, my eyes will connect immediately, so thanks for pointing it out. :) Robyn
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!