• Stuart Hill
    Hi,

Recently I discovered a digital painting I did back in 2009 and was asked which art program I used. I remembered it was this one! I don't paint very much but have been asked to create a large canvas from this sketch. I was so impressed by Twisted Brush's ability to create authentic-looking brush strokes. It's inspired me. If I get some time I'll paint a much larger canvas of "Train passing unseen". I find that my mobile gives the truest colours when looking at the painting. I hope you llike it.

jkz038b2h2mlwsd7.jpg
    Attachment
    Train passing unseen - darker (119K)
  • RobertLeeDavis
    I like it. Nice work.

bd
  • Stuart Hill
    Thankyou Robert. That's a strange coincidence. The first person to like this painting when I posted it on facebook several days back was a friend called Lee Robert McStein. Synchronicity abounds!
    I hope to find time to check the gallery tomorrow, hope I see some of your work. Cheers.
  • Don Decker
    Nice,Old trains are cool.
  • Stuart Hill
    Cheers, Don. Yep, my painting harks back to the days of steam and the romance of travel that has now passed.
  • shutterbuggy
    I would like to be riding the train, viewing the pretty scenery.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • Stuart Hill
    Rita, that is a lovely comment. So would I!

And you as well Rita :)
  • Robyn
    Hi Stuart and welcome back! I love trains and I love your scene. The colours are so restful with the active train passing through, it's a really nice effect and I can imagine living in that quiet day with only the sounds of birds and the train. I found, when young, that traveling in trains was a nice relaxed way to travel. Love your sky! :) Robyn
  • Stuart Hill
    Thank you Robyn. That's great that the picture resonates with your love for trains. When painting it I imagined an almost plaintive whistle from the train caught on the breeze, adding to the stillness and owl sounds surrounding this passing locomotive. I imagined how many moments like this went unsen in the past. The sky was done at such speed, it was instinctive and I really did not have time to stop and only later realised it would pass muster.
  • Vivienne
    Hi Stuart, great to see your work. Im love train travel and as a young girl used to travel on the puffing billy to Johannesburg in South Africa. Brings back wonderful memories. Hope to see more of your work.
    Vivienne
  • Stuart Hill
    Vivienne I'm touched that my painting brings back memories of your days train-travelling :) I think there is something magical that we've lost and travel has no romance, but memories keep the trains, like "Billy" puffing along even if only in imagination. Thank you :)
    Stuart.
  • Don Decker
    That is cool you did that V
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!