• shutterbuggy
    The lovebirds were made with Strings. So were their scarves. After adding snow and sloping it a bit, I couldn’t decide on a suitable background. I tried five different colors, each with several textures. Nothing worked. Finally, I stumbled into this simple 1, 2, 3 Gradient. The hearts were an afterthought. Framed in TBPS.

Happy viewing,
    Rita

dp998htybm1lodzq.jpg
    Attachment
    RitaWintLoveRLS217j (126K)
  • Don Decker
    That is cute good work,Don
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Great style and effects.

bd
  • Robyn
    Rita, they are lovley and have an elegance about them. I think they belong to the "richer class" the well to do ... :) the delicate colours are lovely and the BG is perfect with the love hearts. That's such good work with the strings. You certainly have got a handle on those brushes. :) Robyn
  • shutterbuggy

I'm glad you like this, Don.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • shutterbuggy

Thanks, Bob. I rubber-warped her belly to produce the baby bump. Such fun!

The scarves gave me fits. They began string life as seaweed.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • shutterbuggy

Strings are great stress busters for me, Rob. Every time I use them, I discover something new (like the "seaweed" scarves). I'm glad you like the color palette. I wondered if it would be too soft.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • Robyn
    The colours are cool colours like your cool winter Rita, very appropriate. I did wonder about the shape of her belly haha. Slow old me. :) Rob
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Well, the precision with the strings on the scarves and the fact that you made the warp work so well are both impressive to me.

bd
  • Vivienne
    You are definitely the mistress of the strings Rita.ow how I don't know how you do it. As hard as I try I can't get anywhere with the gorgeous brushes. Your birds are so beautiful and I love their scarves.
    Vivienne
  • Spuddy
    beautiful as always rita expertly done
    take care dave
  • shutterbuggy

The precision scarf work was made with Hard Eraser, Move, Warp, Horizontal Flip, several layers, and many sighs.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • shutterbuggy

The trick for me, Vivienne, is seeing what isn't there yet and not focusing on what's before me. Seeing ahead guides me to the end result. Also, I often just make elements or doodads with strings, thinking they will come in handy as embellishments. In this case, the seaweed scarves with waiting to be put to good use (albeit with a lot of placement fussing).

I'm glad you like this.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • shutterbuggy

Aw . . . thanks so much, Dave.

Happy painting,
    Rita
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!