• surov
    Hi Ken,

I seem to understand all the options of the forum.
    But don't understand why the option Mention?
    What it does and how to use it?

Surov
  • Ken Carlino
    Mention is quite useful. It allows someone to mention another member in a post and they will get a notification that they were mentioned so they will know to check that post. For example if I say @Robyn can explain why she changed her member name. She will get a notification and know that she was mentioned and will look at this post. :)

Ken
  • Robyn
    LOL and so I did Ken!!! haha I don't even know where that mention bit is though , not yet anyway. if anyone wants to know they can ask me... hehe, but I miss the bobbity as I've had it since 2006, although I do have it somewhere else in a discussion forum since 2006... :s O:) (L)
  • Ken Carlino
    Hi Robyn,

Good to see it worked. :) When editing there is an icon "@" to add a mention or you can use the Ctrl + M shortcut.

Ken
  • Robyn
    Thanks Ken. I went and tried before I saw your message and made a botch up, and then worked it out. Pity there's no edit button, or a delete as in the site that has just been deleted.

Also when you follow people do they get an email notification? Is that the same as making someone a friend? Rob :)
  • Ken Carlino
    You should have an edit button for 30 minutes after a post.

I'm not sure about all the cases someone will get a notification.

Ken
  • Ken Carlino
    Hover your mouse over a post and at the bottom of the post your options will appear. Let me know if edit isn't available.

Thanks,
    Ken
  • Robyn
    Ah I see it now Ken. Thanks. i was hovering in all the wrong places. :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!