• RobertLeeDavis
    9xk5b5yi3lhq8thb.png
    Attachment
    Donnie (167K)
  • Don Decker
    Good Job,Don
  • shutterbuggy
    I recall knowing a few Donnies in my youth. Bad boys, one and all. Nowadays, I ignore them. Back then, curiosity ran rampant.

Excellent work, Bob, as usual. Great mouth.

A++

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • Robyn
    Bob he's terrific! Actually he reminds me of Bruce Springsteen for some reason lol as an Alley man perhaps. Maybe it's the dark looks. Seriously though I love this face, so well done and even the shadow of a beard growing back. Love the expression and those glasses are a wow in themselves!!! O:) Rob
  • Ralph
    Excellent work Bob, you capture character and mood very well.
    Even the frame is an integral part of the painting, the color and proportions fit perfectly, and complement the painting. This is thoughtful and skillful work, not easy to do at all. (Y)
    Ralph :)
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Thank you all. Very kind words Ralph. Rob, it started with the glasses. Then the mouth. The first mouth was just too much so I normalized it a couple of times. This really didn't take long. I didn't have to change much. Most of it I'm happy with. Ralph, it's just been in the last couple of years that I started using the frame as an element. I have a couple of frame ideas that I'm gonna spring on you when I have the right art.

bd
  • Spuddy
    really great bob great attitude in the pose
    dave
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Thank you Dave.

bd
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Thanks Sue. Without intent it ended up looking a lot like a friend's son. So, every time I look at this now it's kinda strange.

bd
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!