• Heiner Stiller
    Hi there,
    is there a way to use the rectangle tool (and also the elipse tool) and draw just the outline, the shape without a fill?
    If not, that also would make a nice enhancement for TB.
    Regards,
    Heiner
  • RobertLeeDavis
    I haven't figured a way to do that but in the Design brushes there is a Collection called Lines and Outlines that might help.

bd
  • Robyn
    In "art tools"---- "erasers", there is a rectangle eraser which can turn the shape into an outline, but not nearly precise enough at the edges. I use the lines and outlines that Bob has mentioned above. Robyn
  • Heiner Stiller
    @ Robert and Robyn,
    thanks to both of you, nice workarounds, but after all not really what I hoped for.
  • Robyn
    Yes I know Heiner. It's handy to have the tools right there and even handier if they do what you want them to do. Maybe Ken can enable that...
    One way to make the outline with the rectangle tool is to narrow it to the width of the line that you want, draw 2 lines across and 2 downwards, all on different layers, then adjust their placement, and then delete/erase any overlaps. that way the rectangle or square that you make in that manner is dead straight on the page. Those other ones, that Bob and I use, waggle all over the place, although I felt there were others that didn't waggle. Can't locate them right now though. :) Robyn
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!