• Ralph
    Lots of tweaking colors with photo brushes, like doge and burn etc.
    Cheers Ralph2mo0xn3g4rqpcyco.jpg
    Attachment
    sometimes s (93K)
  • Vivienne
    A very interesting image Ralph. Those photo brushes have some marvelous effects and you have made good use of them. This portrait actually has a very ghostly appearance to it. Love what you have done.
    Vivienne
  • Ralph
    Thanks Vivienne.
    I was very happy with the luminous effect I managed to get...next painting will be cheerful
    Ralph :D
  • Don Decker
    It is ghostly looking,do you see the mermaid? I do,Don
  • Robyn
    Interesting Ralph and definitely spooky, but now that Don has mentioned it I do see the mermaid. Nice play with the colours and I like the splashes of red, and the blue face. I use the "add" instead of the dodge, and the multiply blend" instead of the burn now. I used to use those 2 all the time. They are all fantastic brushes. O:) Robyn
  • Ralph

Darn I see her too now, unintended but definitely there. Maybe I should check with Jung on what a mermaid symbolizes ? but most times I don't want to know too much about my work :-|
    Ralph
  • Ralph

Thanks Robyn,
    I used a variety of those brushes, including colorize hard and soft. Overlay and few others. I should have paid more attention. I will certainly try those you suggested.
    Ralph :-!
  • Robyn
    Yes I like the colourise ones too Ralph, and use them many times. I never pay attention to what I use and have to work things out afresh with each new drawing. Even if I do look at the summary of brushes I still can't work out what I used for what, because I tried so many out before setting on something. No worries about it all though eh... O:) Robyn
  • RobertLeeDavis
    This is weird so I like it. The colors and light came out right. There are many things hiding in there.

bd
  • shutterbuggy
    I see a lizard on his ghostly head, with a foot clutching the forehead.

Eerie.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • Ralph
    Thanks guys
    I'm working on more cheerful work
    Ralph
  • Gale
    Hi Ralph, good to "see" you again! Just trying to get back in touch with TB friends and see what's happening, so adding you to follow being a good paint buddy LOL.
  • Ralph

Thanks Gale,
    good to see so many old TB Gallery friends here.
    Ralph :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!