• shutterbuggy
    This began as a simple string sun that could pass as a flower. In the end, it struck me as a broach. Why butterflies would flit around a piece of jewelry is anyone’s guess.

The mechanics: I layered two different strings, made a center for the top one, and slipped a butterfly between the two layers (right side). Two other butterflies were added. The background took about fifty steps. Lots of filters were used to get the pattern just-so and to settle on the right texture. Mirror was used in the frame, on a dedicated layer, to make the lines that complement the background. Much fun!

Happy viewing,
    Rita

mf94bvlfyj7mwtuc.jpg
    Attachment
    RitaStringBroach217j (130K)
  • Robyn
    i think the butterflies are very fitting to go along with such a lovely floral brooch Rita. The brooch is beautiful, and lovely textures too. Love the delicate BG as well. I can see the sun resemblance.Super warm colours , some of my favourites there. Very well done. O:) Rob.
  • shutterbuggy
    Thanks, Rob. I like these colors, too.

The original string was rounder, thereby resembling a traditional sun. I elongated these two with filters and gave them a vertical flip. TMI? probably. Ha ha.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • Vivienne
    Excellent work Rita. You really know how to make the strings sing. Love butterflies and the background is so delicate and just perfect for your creation. ,ove it lots.
    Vivienne
  • Don Decker
    good work,Don
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Excellent. Fit for a queen. The background and frame set it just right.

bd
  • shutterbuggy

You're so kind, Vivienne. For me, making backgrounds for string art can be a a frustrating joy.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • shutterbuggy

Thanks, Don.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • shutterbuggy

Thanks, Bob. I hope to use the background in another work one day. Maybe as a stand-alone.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • Robyn
    No Rita, not TMI. It's nice to have extra info' about it. O:) Rob
  • Isla
    Hi Rita,

Lovely string brooch with butterflies - very effective

Cheers Isla
  • Spuddy
    yep agree Rita very nicely done I like it a lot
    dave
  • shutterbuggy

Thanks so much, Isla. I'm glad you like this.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • shutterbuggy

Thanks, Dave. I love the strings.

Happy painting,
    Rita
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!