• Willabong
    TB Pro Studio (and the other TB programs) ,as art programs go, are up there with the best! But it has one of the least inspiring User Interfaces I have ever seen! Very bland, 2d icons, no colour. While I understand that painting is what TB is all about, a slightly more interesting look to the UI would enhance sales and make the program seem nicer to work with and less depressing.
  • Willabong
    Didn't see the other post about the UI until now, but my comment above is still relevant! At present the UI looks like you pasted the different menus on a paper background (very flat!)
  • Robyn
    Mine has colour by the brushes. I'm just wondering if there is a way to put the colour there, or whether it's because I have slightly older versions. ?
  • RobertLeeDavis
    I have to completely disagree. I have one version or another of about every graphics app available on the PC including the current versions of Painter, Paintshop Pro, and Xara and Serif raster and vector apps. The TB interface is my favorite. Perfect, no. Effective, yes. Intuitive, for me yes. I don't want it to change in any significant way. This just my opinion and we all have them.

bd
  • Willabong
    Colour is not my priority, but solidness is! I personally like to think I am working in a program not on it! Just my opinion, I also am spoilt for choice regarding art and photo and vector graphics programs (including Affinity Photo and Designer and ALL the Serif programs).
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Will, I always want to understand people and I don't see a lot of difference between them except for ease of use so I responded. Then again I have my Windows 7 configured to look basically like Windows 95 and to me Windows 10 reminds me of a 20 year old Adobe interface. I guess your real point is being comfortable with the interface so you can do the work. On that, I'm with you.

bd
  • Robyn
    Just trying to understand the real meaning of interface and perhaps you could clue me in? Are you talking about the workings itself of the software, the interactions when going from here to there? Not talking about the way the main page looks? I did a search and had a read in the link trying to understand. Thanks for any reply. https://www.lessannoyingcrm.com/blog/2010/10/198/The+differences+between+graphic+design+and+user+interface+design
  • Ken Carlino
    Thanks for the feedback on the user interface. We have considered reworking the interface of Pro Studio at different times in the past. One thing is for sure, everyone has different likes and dislikes on interfaces and I can say for sure that no interface will make everyone happy. There are some smaller things that could be done to give it a nicer look and that will most likely happen at some point. However, there aren't plans to completely rework the interface. It also is possible that the dedicated studio products (Paint, Tree, etc) could be pro enhanced and carry a lot of the features of Pro Studio but in the new interface. However, I'm not sure if it would ever capture all the features of Pro Studio .

Ken
  • Robyn
    I love the look of it and the workings of it. Perfect for me. O:) Rob
  • Isla
    Hi Ken,

Pro works perfectly for me. I too have a number of other programmes - but I have to say I wonder why I bothered to acquire them as I use and come back to Twisted Brush Pro every time. Perfect.
    Ken . Not keen on your pixel pear I am sorry to say - amongst the many pears of yours I have seen over the years that one is definitely not doing it for me!!! Hahaahaaa!
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Rob,

About interface........ in this case, every way that you and TB experience each other. What you see. What you do to get TB to do something. The tools that you use. Those sorta encompass the concept. All the mousing and clicking we do to make all the beauty we create.

bd
  • Robyn
    Ah thanks a lot Bob. I was in the habit of thinking that it was only the look of it, the way things were placed, now I'm educated... O:) Rob
  • bishka

I know this is not what you ment, but, I have been using these Icons for sometime now. I find they do help me see what's what at a glance.

Just unzip the file select the icons and copy them over to TB program file.
    To find the program file :-
    C drive > Program Files (May show-up as Program Files(x86) ) > Pixarra > TwistedBrush

When you copy the files over Windows will ask if you want to over-write the existing files, click yes.

The main problem with this is that everytime you up date TB you will need to reinstall these icons.
    [img]f2havis9pcnd9lwl.png

Regards Bishka
    Attachments
    TB Icons (10K)
    2017-09-08_001806 (206K)
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Bishka, nice modification.

bd
  • Willabong
    Actually Bishka, this is exactly the sort of thing that improves work flow and brightens up the interface. Well done and thanks!
  • bishka

Glad it helps.
    Bishka
  • bishka

Hello Ken,
    One thing I would like to see is, slightly larger icons. The icons have been the same size all the years I have been using TB but monitor pixel size has got smaller, so, in effect the icons have got smaller too.
    As far as coloured icons go, I do find a colour easier to remember that the shape of an icon,and easier to see at a glance or out of the corner of my eye. It also helps with grouping icons according to their function.

regards
    Bishka
  • Ken Carlino
    Hi Bishka, I do agree about the size of the icons. Perhaps version 24 of Pro Studio should include a refreshed UI. i have nothing against colored icons so that is something that will be considered if the sizes are changed.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Ken
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!