• shutterbuggy
    The bird drove me crazy, off and on, for 16 months, mostly because of the way its torso faces one way and its head faces the opposite direction. I'm pretty sure my head twisted like that a few times! When I settled on the basic scene, the framing process took me into a new realm of crazy. I'm glad I dug in my heels this time around and finished it. I'm including some evolution highlights, so you can see how changes took place.

Happy viewing,
    Rita

k7n60wnfwmxalvca.jpg

dd6e3ljazujcbmaq.jpg
    Attachments
    RitaSunbirdRLS217j (129K)
    RitaEvolSunbirdRLS217j (131K)
  • Don Decker
    Looks good nice and colorful,Don
  • Robyn
    He is a beauty Rita! I can see why one would feel the need to twist and turn lol. I reckon you made it work really well, and the shorter beak does look good. I love what you did with the frame within the frame too, super colours there. He has the prettiest branch to perch on... O:) Rob
  • Vivienne
    What a stunning bird Rita and in beautiful colours. I see what you mean about twisting your neck. Thanks for showing us the steps you took and I really like the framework.
    Vivienne
  • shutterbuggy

Thanks, Don. I had fun with the color choices.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • shutterbuggy

The branch needed help, thus the leaves to add some additional interest. I used weathered log to make the bamboo-like wood in the frame. Lots of fun!

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • shutterbuggy

Thanks, Vivienne. This painting consumed seven tbr files, each with its own set of png files and screen captures for the twists and turns the image took. It was maddening, mostly because I couldn't settle on anything. The framing took a full day for the same unsettled reason. I knew what I wanted when I saw it. Ha ha.

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • Spuddy
    Great picture Rita ..good that you stuck with it
    Dave
  • shutterbuggy

Thanks, Dave. It was one of those tbr files that kept calling my name. Now, it can doze.

Happy painting,
    Rita
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!