• Robyn
    No Ref Used. Wouldn't it be nice to have these sorts of pageants instead of the age old beauty pageants. No swimwear or evening wear to be worn, Just assessments on what the entrant is doing already for the earth and what her plans are for furthering that work. The prize money would go towards that goal, making sure that she accomplishes what she set out to do. The trend could grow, enabling many young ones to aim high in their intentions towards so many aspects of saving our earth from many sad things occurring, this includes the animal kingdom of course. i personally would use it to help bring about hard and fast rules, and severe punishments, for wrong doing against animals.
    Hope you like my girl TB folk, she's dead keen to get going in her new assignment plus she made her own outfit :D love to all It's pretty cold here but not unbearably so. (L) Robyn

8jr68cb3ls35hs4j.jpg
    Attachment
    miss earth woman (235K)
  • Don Decker
    That would be a good thing!,nice outfit,Don
  • RobertLeeDavis
    Nice work Rob. I love that face. I am always impressed with your optimism. I could live in your world. I'll trade some of your weather. 98 degrees yesterday. I didn't hear todays high. About the same. That's hot for us fog lovers on the coast.

bd
  • shutterbuggy
    She looks like a great leader, Rob, which she needs to be to further her cause. Beautifully painted and well designed. This looks like a framed poster -- the kind one sees when an important event is commemorated. Nice!

Happy painting,
    Rita
  • Spuddy
    nice idea and very pretty picture
    dave
  • Ken Carlino
    Very nice Rob!
    Ken
  • Vivienne
    Love your beautiful earth lady Robyn. Love her outfit and jewellery. She reminds me of Tretchikov's girl with a watermelon.
    Vivienne
  • Robyn
    Thanks a lot Don. I know it's an idyllic thought, but I reckon there's no harm in dreaming. :) .Thanks for liking her outfit, that was a higgilty piggilty process. O:) Robyn
  • Robyn
    Thankya kindly for the love Bob. Some of the facial details are missing since I posted it, must be from the change to what's on my PC to what's on this site... ::o I guess if you had the same faith as I do about the earth's future, then you could live in my optimistic world. I couldn't tolerate your heat, I would disappear into a cool place and stay there forever! O:) Rob
  • Robyn
    Thanks very much for liking it that much Rita. Yes she is strong, and determined to achieve her goal, and being single minded in this course of action. There is a saying, "you can't win a race riding 2 horses" and it's true in many instances. i did have a poster in mind... but she won anyway... O:) Rob
  • Robyn
    Thank you very much Dave, on both counts. I can't seem to help but do "pretty"... plus I am a dreamer by nature, hence strange notions at times. O:) Rob
  • Robyn
    Thanks so much Ken, for thinking so and saying so. it's so good to have your support. O:) Rob
  • Robyn
    Thanks so much for loving her Vivienne. It might be her expression that reminds you of Tretchikov's girl with a watermelon? Of course I had to do a search and there are so many pictures that popped up that I don't know what is true. Funny... have a look. O:) Robyn
    https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Tretchikoff%27s+girl+with+a+watermelon.&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwjCr9fxisHVAhVEnZQKHQTpAJ8Q7AkIOA&biw=914&bih=446
  • Isla
    Hi Rob,
    Apart from the dress she looks like a lovely Maori girl - who would be appropriate as an Earth Mother.
    Well done.
    Cheers Isla
  • Vivienne
    I see what you mean Robyn. There are stacks of his works. I had a few when I lived in South Africa - not originals- but the prints were good.
    Vivienne
  • Robyn
    Thanks a lot Isla. Yes a maori maiden would indeed make a really good earth mother, and they already are.... O:) Rob
  • Robyn
    prints are good... i expect you left a lot behind in SA Vivienne. O:) Rob
  • Convinced
    Great as usual Robyn. Your females have such attitude.
    I remember that artist ( Tretchikov), when I lived in South Africa (30 yrs)
    he was very popular.
  • Robyn
    Hi Mr Convinced. Thanks so much for your observations. I like attitude... :) I''ve had a look through the artist's works and some I'm attracted to. So you are a born South African? I know that I'm very attracted to that country's wild life areas. O:) Robyn
  • Convinced
    Well I'm actually Irish but my son is South African and I'm the only family member who still has a European accent.
    Yes fascinating country but with a dark, sad side that needs to be resolved.
  • Robyn
    I know about the dark side too. Very sad all round. Taking a long time...
  • Vivienne
    A beautiful country but so much tragedy and heartache. I'm glad I got out 47 years ago. My family are still over there and find it difficult living there.
    Vivienne
  • Robyn
    Just as well that you did get out Vivienne. I expect your family is stuck there now. I'm very happy that you are in AU now and are happy there. Closer to me... O:) Rob
  • Vivienne
    I am happy to have you as my friend and not too far away either. Yes my family are stuck there. Spoke to my sis in CapeTown yesterday and she commented on some of the difficulties.
    Vivienne
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Pixarra forum!

Feel free to look around, read posts and view images. Create an account to share some of your own thoughts or artwork, it's Free!